I'm about to tell you the world's saddest story. No. This isn't about the time Firefly got cancelled. Although that was a goddamn tragedy. INSTEAD... Once upon a time, my doctors told me that my thyroid had sprouted a gnarly tumor. A few days later, I turned 30. Then later that exact same week, the vet executed my kitten. Pop quiz: Which scenario upset me the most? A) Cancer B) Turning old C) Saying goodbye to my kitty Did you eat a bowl of dumb for breakfast? Obviously the answer is C, as in C for Cat. Because you failed
A recovering journalist who recently moved to the deep-fried South and is reveling in the freedom to have opinions and say "fuck." Oh, and cats. Because, duh.
Please don't abandon me yet. I've written other stuff, and I'll give you a cookie if you read these:
- My Vagina Is On a Diet, And It Would Appreciate It If You Stopped Offering It Cake
- We're Going to Name Our Kid "Bookshelf"
- My Mom Offered to Send Me to Fat Camp.... On My 30th Birthday
- That One Time We Considered Stuffing Our Dead Cat Into a Teddy Bear...
- I Think My Ex Just Threatened to Eat My Cats...
- The Best Cults Are Polygamous and Have Animal Sacrifices (But That's Just My Personal Experience)
- 6 Ways Doctors (And Maybe Kim Kardashian) Can Improve Your Colonoscopy Experience
- I'm *Fairly* Sure My Husband Isn't a Pedophile, And Other Halloween Thoughts...
Where I Go When I'm On The Internet:
- Modest Mess: This blonde Viking beauty works as a longshoreman and uses such colorful prose as “farty ball-sack.”
- Oh Joy Sex Toy: I know you were disappointed that I'm not a sex blog, so here's a good one. In cartoon form!!
- Feminist Lisa Frank: Disassembling the patriarchy one rainbow kitten at a time. I'm super pissed I didn't think of this first.
- One Salty Blonde: This sassy Canadian once sent me a picture of her unused vibrator. Kindred Spirit Achievement: Unlocked.
- The Bloggess: Because if creative taxidermy doesn't do it for you, you shouldn't be here.
- The Reluctant Cat Owner’s Journal: An openly handsome gay dude blogs about his special needs cats. ‘Nuff said.
- Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy.: I came for the post, “I Don’t Think This Belongs in my Vagina,” and stayed for her plans to use a possible tumor to acquire a sympathy kitten. #SoulMate
- Zen Habits: Because sometimes you need to clear your mind of the chaos and clutter.